Each of the La Rochere Pontarlier Absinthe Glasses is cast from original molds dating back to the early 1900’s. Founded in 1475, La Rochere continues to manufacture their Bistrot Absith glass in France.
This particular glass was one of the more popular glass styles used to serve Absinthe throughout Europe prior to the ban and features:
- Lovely cut glass design
- Glass holds up to 10.1 ounces of liquid to the top
- Absinthe reservoir holds 3/4 of an ounce
- The glass helps to portion your Absinthe for proper water to spirit ratio when preparing the drink in the traditional fashion
- Heavy, durable construction
- Measures: 6-1/2″ tall / 3-1/4″ in diameter
Traditionally Absinthe is enjoyed at a one to 3-5 ounce ratio (one once of Absinthe to 3-5 ounces of chilled filtered / distilled water). The drink can be prepared with or without a single sugar cube to taste.
If using La Rochere’s Absinth glass for preparing the drink in the traditional fashion, the glass can help to measure the proper water to Absinthe ratio. Here is a handy guide to help you on your way: